Culture, Society, and COVID-19
Time & Location
About the Event
The Pathways to Cross-Cultural Understanding (PCCU) is excited to announce our first cross-cultural workshop entitled "Cross-Cultural Comparison between South Korea and America: Culture, Society, and COVID-19". This one-day workshop is open to K-12 educators and will feature presentations on cross-cultural comparisons between the U.S. and South Korea as well an introduction to Korean culture and society through the lens of the cross-cultural perspective. During this workshop, excellent cross-cultural experts will share their knowledge about cross-cultural issues and their experiences. K-12 teachers in the U.S. and South Korea will share their hands-on experiences in school openings under COVID-19 and their best practices in the global pandemic. A session for strategies of teaching cross-cultural understanding in the classroom will be followed.
- Current K-12 educators are eligible for up to $150 book-buying funds and a Korean culture kit ( cultural objects such as Korean flag, maps, and books, etc. about $250 value) upon completion of both online workshops and a lesson plan
- Participants will increase their knowledge and understanding of cross-cultural awareness
- All participants who complete one workshop will receive a certificate of completion for four contact hours provided by The Pathways to Cross-Cultural Understanding
- Participants will receive resources and reading materials for teaching cross-cultural awareness as well as electronic handouts of PPTs from the workshop.
- K-12 social studies teachers as well as history, literature, art, world geography teachers, librarians, administrators including principals and vice-principals.