Sat, Oct 15|
Food Through History and Culture
2022 Online Cross-Cultural Workshop: Food Through History and Culture
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2022, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
About the Event
Pathways to Cross-Cultural Understanding (PCCU) is excited to announce our 3rd annual cross-cultural workshop entitled "Cross-Cultural Comparison between South Korea and the United States: Food Through History and Culture". This one-day online workshop is open to K-12 educators in the U.S. and will feature presentations on cross-cultural comparisons between the U.S. and South Korea through the lens of the cross-cultural perspective. During this workshop, excellent cross-cultural experts and K-12 teachers will share their unique cross-cultural knowledge and experiences focused on food through history and culture. Strategic lesson plans for teaching cross-cultural understanding in the classroom will be shared after the workshop.
Date and Time: OCTOBER 15, 2022 11AM - 5PM (EST)
- Up to $150 value of books and Korean culture kits (cultural objects such as the Korean flag, maps, books, etc.) upon completion of both online workshops and a lesson plan
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of cross-cultural awareness
- Receive a certificate of completion for 5 contact hours provided by the Pathways to Cross-Cultural Understanding
- Resources, lesson plans for teaching cross-cultural awareness, and electronic handouts of PPTs from the workshop.
- K-12 elementary school teachers and secondary school teachers in social studies, history, literature, art, world geography, and music, librarians
- School and district administrators
- Deadline: Wed, September 14, 2022 (limited to 30 participants, first-come-first-served basis)
- Registration Link: https://www.pcrosscultural.com/event-details/food-through-history-and-culture/form
- $30 Donation to PCCU as a registration fee (will be eligible for tax benefit)
This program is co-hosted with the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Chicago.